Thursday 19 November 2009

Reviews reviews reviews

I have had reviews coming out of my ears lately. Not literally, thank Christ. There is enough ill-informed punditry around without my ears getting in on the action. Anyway, I'm up at this hour because I've just finished my first review with a proper deadline (the gig finished at 10.30pm, the copy's in for 11.30 am). The gig in question was John Surman at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, which I really enjoyed. It was great to see the legendary Jack DeJohnette on drums as well as Surman himself. That review will eventually go up on the Jazzwise website, and I'll link to it from here.

In the meantime here's another of my reviews on The Literateur. Unfortunately I seem to have only written negative reviews on their site. I fear the editorial team must think I hate books. Oh well. By way of compensation: in the last couple of month or so I have hugely enjoyed Graham Swift's Waterland, was all shook up by Cormac McCarthy's The Road and am currently loving Nick Cave's The Death of Bunny Munro. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment